We seek engineers who possess a well-rounded skill set, including a strong focus on quality, an innovative approach to product development, a comprehensive understanding of the business, and above all, intelligence. At our company, engineers play a crucial role in fostering a culture of self-motivation and growth, driven by merit-based opportunities. High levels of ownership and responsibility, especially for systems within your team and their impact on the Yappes product and solutions, is expected from the individual in this role. You will actively collaborate with your team members for up to 75% of your time, creating modules and systems that serve as a showcase of best practices and demonstrate your dedication to excellence. Going above and beyond your role to contribute to the betterment of the organization and business is an integral part of this position.
- Own and oversee the development of modules and services.
- Make informed decisions regarding architectural and system design.
- Lead the team and manage the implementation of the product roadmap.
- Participation in code reviews, design reviews, architecture discussions
- Ensure adherence to SDLC best practices, for the module/service that he/she is responsible for
- To scale the team, drive performance and establish quality.
- Experiment with new and relevant technologies and tools and drive their adoption within the team.
- Establish metrics and determine the impact your impact and success.
- Implement long-term technology vision for the team.
- Own the product architecture and ensure it aligns to the requirements.
- Actively participate in technology forums & represent Yappes in external forums
- Superior Problem-Solving skills for complex & large-scale problems.
- Comprehensive technical knowledge and experience in a wide range of technologies and problem spaces.
- Strong system design and object-oriented skills with a nifty ability to design clean interfaces and work at the right levels of abstraction.
- Excellent coding skills and experience in leading teams in refactoring large code bases and improving code standards.
- Good knowledge, understanding & experience of working with a large variety of multi-tier architectures
- Good knowledge on containerized development, Kubernetes based configurations and deployment options
- Solid experience on Fullstack development (MEAN/MERN) stack and working knowledge in python
- Awareness of common pitfalls & use cases in a variety of solutions.
- Good understanding & experience of high-performance web scale & real-time response systems
- Experience & exposure to a variety of large-scale persistent systems including large databases.
- Exposure to complete product development cycles – From inception to production to scaling up, supporting new requirements, re-architectures – the Architects should have seen it all.
- 3+ years of experience in scalable product development cycles with either large data handling or large transaction processing.
- Excellent mentoring skills and the ability to serve as the technical mentor for the team.
- Must have comfort in working in ambiguous environments where boundaries are not clearly defined.